Everyone is asking me what I plan to do when I leave my current full-time job on 14 February 2011.
For some reason, there are a few folks who are under the impression that I'm just planning to be a bum and not work. 😆 Nothing could be further from the truth, trust me.
I'll be working. I'll just be working for myself. Going back to being self-employed simply means I'm going to be my own boss; not that I don't have to work at all.
As a matter of fact, I'll be working harder because everything will be my responsibility, and I'm excitedly looking forward to every minute of it!
So what exactly will I be doing? That seems to be everyone's question. So here's my list:
- I will be re-establishing my online used/out-of-print bookstore. This is something I had to put to the side when I started working full time at my current job. I've got over 8,000 books in my basement and around my house that need to be re-listed for sale in my store and on some third-party book-selling sites.
- I will continue to offer web design and development services, and I'll actually have more time to devote to this, and I won't have to turn business away, which is what I've done for the past two months.
- I will be writing way more articles for my Examiner.com columns.
- I will be standing up five new blog/websites, three of which will be social networks geared toward specific audiences. I'm totally looking forward to this!!!
- I will continue to write my “30 Quotes 30 Days” series, and I'll be expanding into two, new spin-off series; “30 Scriptures 30 Days,” and “30 Reflections 30 Days.”
- I will be finishing my first novel and a book on WordPress plugins.
- I will be offering social media assistant services, along with search engine optimization services eventually. This will be one of the last things I implement from my list.
- I will be offering virtual training on all the classes that I was teaching for my current employer. I'm working on that site right now, because I want to start those classes in March.
- I will be getting the points-for-prizes portion of My Question of the Day updated, so that people know exactly how many points they have and so I can add more contests. This has fallen way, too far behind.
- I will be teaching classes at a local community college starting in the summer, and I'm totally looking forward to that!
I'll be doing several other things, but the above is the bulk of what I'll be focusing my time and attention on, so you see I have plenty to keep me busy. 😀
Another thing I plan to start doing is working out regularly. Since I'll be on my time, I can make that a priority, and I don't have to rush it. That's going to be great!
As always you are an inspiration. For anyone who feels they have done enough…they really need to stop and think about what else needs to be done. It’s been about 15+ years that I have known you and have always acknowledged that w/ a sister like you still striving to be the best for the greater benefit of us all. I say yes and I am proud to have you as a friend and inspiration. Love you always. Peace.
Thanks, Abdul. I love you more!
I feel you i am my own boss to. which i won my own travel and shopping site and i also do graphic design so i feel what you are doing. being your own boss you are always busy doing something. so keep up the good work girl.
Thanks, sis! 😀
Congratulations on your new endeavors. Pray abundant blessings as you continue to inspire and educate others. I confess I was wondering what you were planning to do in this new facet of life but I knew your entrepreneurial spirit was leading your path. Thanks for filling all us nosey, worrywarts in. 😉
😆 No worries. So many folks were asking me about my future plans, I figured I’d just catch as many birds in one net as I could and just write a post.
Thanks for always supporting me, and thank you for having been connected with me from almost my very beginning in social media.
I love you very much!
8,000 books!?! Wow!
I don’t know why people think that when you’re your own business you will goof around all day. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Good luck Faydra!
Thanks, Vicky! I’ll keep you posted on my progress. 😀
I am so “there” and I’m doing the same thing. I’m proud of you! I need to go back to bed… LOL!!!
Thanks, D-Goddy! You know I love you like it’s going out of style. We’ll keep encouraging each other!